Competition has ended
- Your entry will need to represent a MAP OF YOUR WEEKEND - showing everything you wish to include from your drinking holes, to the things you do to kill time, to metaphorical mental journeys... Be as creative as you like but keep the context of your entry within the realms of your weekend.
- The brief is open to artists from all disciplines.
- Finished artwork should be 30 x 20cm, vertical, at 300dpi
- For voting purposes, please upload a 72dpi, RGB version of your design - file should not exceed 1mb
- The competition requires that you include your location and telephone number in your Don't Panic profile
- Please note that by entering the competition you are agreeing for your profile details to be passed on to Profile Books
The top 20 entries by vote will be shortlisted and the winning design will be chosen by a panel of judges, including Simon Garfield, Art Director at Profile Books and Don’t Panic.
The winner will receive a Canon EOS 550D Camera.
The winning design will be printed on 5,000 flyer/bookmarks that will be distributed with the sale of books, the artwork will be used as the profile picture for the Profile Books social media accounts and the winner will receive a Profile Books book hamper. We are also giving away Don’t Panic posters to everyone that enters.
By entering, you are granting Profile Books reproduction rights to promote the book
Calling all designers!
Design a MAP OF YOUR WEEKEND to celebrate the release of On The Map - the new book from best-selling author of Just My Type, Simon Garfield. The winner will receive a Canon 550D camera as well as having their design used as the official flyer for the release of the book which will also feature as the artwork for the Profile Books social networks.
We are also giving away Don't Panic posters to everyone that enters.
Maps have the most amazing stories - and Simon Garfield is the perfect author to tell them. This is a book that will inspire map-ophiles but engage even those of us who stare blankly at an OS pathfinder's hieroglyphs.
Just as Garfield found the magic in fonts for Just My Type, here he fascinates with stories of map. From the early sketches of dreamers and philosophers, and those who set out to discover a New World, through Google Maps and beyond, Garfield follows the trail and takes spellbinding detours. Along the way, he learns how to make a really big globe and discovers the challenges faced when mapping Africa and Antarctica. He discovers why and when America was named, the story behind Ordnance Survey and London's poverty maps, to the mapping of Monopoly and the fraudsters who sell and scam rare maps. En route, there are 'pocket maps': bite-sized tales of dragons and metros, murder maps and maps of music, how men and women approach maps differently and why so many maps feature weird animals. On the Map is a witty, illuminating exploration of where we've been, how we got there and where we're going.
On The Map is out now. Order from Waterstones and get a free exclusive fold-out map, while stocks last.
Competition has ended