Calling all film fans! NBCQ and Don't Panic are offering design ninjas the opportunity to win an all expenses paid trip to the 56th BFI London Film Festival and a one year membership to your local independent cinema!
To celebrate the release of Strawberry Fields on July 6th you are are invited to design the flyer for the film. The winning artwork will feature on the official promotional material and will be distributed nationally.
Submit a flyer design! The theme is Fashion in Film so make it stylish! It can be a sketch, a mood board, photograph, illustration, digital graphics or pretty much anything that fits the bill. Just include space for the film's title and credits. Easy!
NBCQ (New British Cinema Quarterly) is all about highlighting the craft behind British filmmaking. The programme selects one new film to tour independent cinemas across the UK for 3 months. Each tour also features a Q&A with the creatives behind the production.
Because of the film's gorgeous costumes, the theme is Fashion in Film. You can see the mood boards created by the film's costume designer - the very talented Emma Moore - over on Facebook.
About Strawberry Fields
Centering on two sisters, Gillian and Emily, Strawberry Fields is the twisted tale of sibling rivalry, sexual awakening and mind games, set over a hot English summer.
Gillian has always planned adventures in her mind and has now fled the family home to find some freedom. She uses clothes to disguise herself, provide an armour and allow her to escape. Indulged and spoilt, her sister Emily wears a sensual, retro style that hides her manipulativeness and own fragility.
Any other questions? No? Good. Get designing!
Please refrain from entering anything rude or offensive. Entries of this kind will be disqualified. Entires that are clearly plagiarised will be disqualified, along with entries that are intended to offend.
• No restrictions on country of origin (travel costs are only applied for travel within the UK)
• A maximum of one entry per registered Don’t Panic Online member
• Colour mode: RGB
• Acceptable file extensions: JPG, PNG and GIF
• Maximum file size: 4 MB
• Artwork dimensions: 280mm wide x 385mm high, 300dpi
• Once submitted, there is no way to modify your entry!
Please make sure you upload the correct file!
If your entry is chosen as the winner, you will be contacted to send over the original design file and/ or high res version, so please hold onto the necessary files.
The top 20 entries by vote will be shortlisted and published online. New British Cinema Quarterly will select the overall winner along with four runners-up.
• Two tickets to a UK Premiere at the 56th BFI London Film Festival, with travel and accommodation also paid.
• 1 Year membership at your local independent cinema.
• The opportunity to shadow one of NBCQ’s costume designers for two days.
• 15,000 flyers featuring the winning design distributed nationally to cinemas, galleries and universities.